Saturday, March 08, 2008

Early flight consolation

I was never a fisherman. If I had been, then rousing my body, as my friend Ange says, ''before Jesus wakes up'' wouldn't be that rough. That being said, when I do need to catch the dark-o'clock flight, there's usually a nice consolation prize...ah Starbucks :) YVR, or Vancouver Int'l Airport provides the ambient babbling brook and native bird-squawk (with a nod of the head to the indigenous tribes that preceded them), which also helps to ease the startling morning effect!

POP QUIZ: From where does the coffee megalith's company name derive? BONUS: Name the native tribe of the Vancouver region?

[This blog entry sent remotely using my phone :) ]

7 comments:

Jonathan said...

Hey K3,
Starbucks is named from the character in Moby Dick. Somewhat ironic in that Mr Starbuck is morally opposed to Ahab's obsession with the white whale whereas the green giant created the coffee obsession of the US. Then again, Mr. Starbuck was motivated in some large degree by the profit so in that way it is fitting.

Ken Lane III said...

Congrats Jont, you nailed it with extra insight to boot! The bonus question is still open!

Anonymous said...

who the bleep thinks of questions like that at 6:30 in the morning... sheesh...

haha

Lets Get Dirty! said...

Ummmmmmm Coffee!!!!

Lets Get Dirty! said...

you and me need to get on the ball, Jont is blowing us out of the water!

Jonathan said...

Hey Ken,
Where are you? You and Si are slowing down......

Ken Lane III said...

I think my blog will be less of a sprint than a marathon, in order to maintain the travel theme (AND acknowledge the limitations of my availability to write). I anticipate entries that arise more often when I travel.