Thursday, March 27, 2008

Tropical travel...

Costa Rica is a nice break from the cold of my home in Colorado, where it snowed on Easter! The palms and warm sunshine do wonders for the soul. Alas, the cage of my hotel still precludes full restorative emersion, but I'll take what I can get.

On my way from the airport with my friend Juan and I caught up and discussed the demands of work and home. He reminded me of the Stephen Covey observation that we sometimes trade the important for the urgent. This is an ever present challenge in my own life, where I have to fight to keep the priority straight, carving the time for the important!! How about you?

[This blog entry sent remotely using my phone :) ]

2 comments:

Jonathan said...

most of the time I trade the important for the t.v. Is there anything "important" that is also relaxing?
Keep up th eposts - they're important you know. :-)

Ken Lane III said...

I'd say that taking time to relax and renew is a VERY important activity - choosing the optimal relaxation/renewal activity (within one's capabilities) is the challenge!