Saturday, February 23, 2008

Guitar Lessons

For Christmas I gave my son (under my wife's inspiration) a book of coupons for guitar lessons. Today was lesson #1. Though his intro to music class allowed him to try out a little (nylon string) guitar along with piano and recorder...today he started on steel stringed acoustic.

It was cool to pull out my old axe that I bought upon graduation from college 20 years ago and start passing on the musical heritage - note the ''Rock for Life'' motto along the little guys sleeve. Will he become a guitar legend - another Stevie Ray Vaughn...Phil Keaggy...or Jimmy Hendrix? I don't know. What matters is that my son and I have a whole coupon book and beyond to explore the possibilities together!

[This blog entry sent remotely using my phone :) ]

1 comment:

Rob said...

Cool Ken - Might be good for his hands to get a little bigger...

Adam is doing pretty well - his hands are now as big as mine.